If you are experiencing a medical or psychiatric emergency, Dial 9-1-1.  NSPL_Logo
If you are having suicidal thoughts please Please contact the
National Suicide Prevention Hotline or Colorado Crisis Services


Does the Colorado Lawyer Assistance Program offer attorney referrals or legal services to the general public?

I am an Judge/Attorney/Law Student and I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed; I am falling behind in my work and unable to meet deadlines; I don’t want my employer/or boss to know, is there confidential help available?

I am a legal professional who is concerned about a colleague who might be:

  • Going through a divorce or having difficulty with family relationships
  • Grieving a loss
  • Having issues with memory or cognitive functioning
  • Dealing with retirement issues or succession planning
  • Having a difficult time coping with stress
  • Acting in a way that is unprofessional
  • Using or abusing alcohol, drugs, or prescription medication
  • Depressed, anxious, or suicidal

…how can I help?

Talk to your colleague about your concerns; be specific in addressing your observations that caused your concern. You may be the life line for your colleague. Give your colleague COLAP’s confidential contact information. If you feel you are unable to talk with your colleague, call COLAP’s confidential phone line: 303.986.3345 for assistance.

Does COLAP provide referrals for counseling or treatment?

Is COLAP part of the Office of Attorney Regulations, Office of Attorney Admissions, or the Colorado Bar Association?

We Would Love To Share Our Success Stories,
But They Are Completely Confidential.

 Office Visits by Appointment Only
For more information or confidential assistance,
call COLAP at 303.986.3345