If you are experiencing a medical or psychiatric emergency, Dial 9-1-1.
If you are having suicidal thoughts please Please contact the
National Suicide Prevention Hotline or Colorado Crisis Services
Does the Colorado Lawyer Assistance Program offer attorney referrals or legal services to the general public?
- No, COLAP is a broad-brush wellness program exclusively for Judges, Lawyers, and Law Students. COLAP does not provide legal advice or attorney referrals to the public. If you have found us by accident and are a member of the general public looking for an attorney, Please Click Here to be re-directed to the Colorado Bar Association’s website for their attorney search feature.
I am an Judge/Attorney/Law Student and I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed; I am falling behind in my work and unable to meet deadlines; I don’t want my employer/or boss to know, is there confidential help available?
- Yes, there is confidential help available. Call COLAP for confidential assistance: 303.986.3345
I am a legal professional who is concerned about a colleague who might be:
- Going through a divorce or having difficulty with family relationships
- Grieving a loss
- Having issues with memory or cognitive functioning
- Dealing with retirement issues or succession planning
- Having a difficult time coping with stress
- Acting in a way that is unprofessional
- Using or abusing alcohol, drugs, or prescription medication
- Depressed, anxious, or suicidal
…how can I help?
Talk to your colleague about your concerns; be specific in addressing your observations that caused your concern. You may be the life line for your colleague. Give your colleague COLAP’s confidential contact information. If you feel you are unable to talk with your colleague, call COLAP’s confidential phone line: 303.986.3345 for assistance.
Does COLAP provide referrals for counseling or treatment?
- Yes, when counseling and/or treatment is needed, appropriate referrals to treatment providers vetted for experience working with high-level professionals are given to the caller/participant.
Is COLAP part of the Office of Attorney Regulations, Office of Attorney Admissions, or the Colorado Bar Association?
- No, COLAP is a confidential and independent program established under Supreme Court Rule 254. COLAP is located at Diamond Hill.