COLAP is a free, confidential, and independent program for the legal community of Colorado. Our mission is to promote well-being, resiliency and competency by assisting Colorado judges, lawyers, and law students with personal and professional issues that compromise their practice, efficacy, and quality of life. COLAP protects the interests of clients, litigants and the general public by educating the bench, bar and law schools about well-being and impairment issues, and by providing confidential assistance to the legal community.
Confidential & Independent
- All communication with COLAP is privileged and confidential. COLAP cannot release any information without a signed release.
- COLAP is separate and independent from the Office of Attorney Regulations and the Colorado Bar Association.
Specialized & Experienced
- COLAP is exclusively for Judges, Lawyers, and Law Students.
- COLAP staff are attorneys & legal professionals with behavioral health credentials and experience with well-being issues including stress management, substance use, and a broad range of mental health issues.
- COLAP provides free consultations for personal and professional issues. Office visits are by appointment only to protect confidentiality.
Established by Colorado Supreme Court Rule 254, all communications with COLAP are held in the strictest confidence.