The Colorado Lawyer Assistance Program is an Independent and Confidential program exclusively for Judges, Lawyers, and Law Students. The mission of COLAP is to protect the interests of clients, litigants and the general public by educating the bench, bar and law schools regarding the causes of and remedies for impairments affecting members of the legal profession, and to provide confidential assistance to lawyers, judges and law students who suffer from physical or mental health issues, or other impairments that affect their ability to be productive members of the profession.
Confidential & Independent
- All communication with COLAP is confidential. COLAP cannot release any information without a signed release.
- COLAP is separate and independent from the Office of Attorney Regulations and the Colorado Bar Association.
Specialized & Experienced
- COLAP is exclusively for Judges, Lawyers, and Law Students.
- COLAP staff are attorneys & legal professionals with mental health credentials and experience with substance use, mental health, and wellness issues.
- COLAP can help you find specialized treatment providers who can help you manage stress, develop healthy habits, and deepen your sense of personal & professional well-being.
Established by Colorado Supreme Court Rule 254, COLAP will not release any information without a signed release. All communications with COLAP are held in the strictest confidence.