- I am overwhelmed and don’t know what to do.
- Work is impacting my relationship. My spouse/partner and I need a referral for couples counseling.
- I used to drink occasionally, but now I drink every night.
- My family (or firm) has experienced the loss of a loved one and we don’t know how to cope.
- I’ve been grieved and I don’t know what to do.
- I’m working all the time and my “work-life-balance” is nonexistent.
- I have been managing depression for a while, but it’s getting worse and I think I need a therapist.
- I was arrested and need help getting back on track.
- My practice area is stressing me out; between opposing counsel and my clients, I’m sick of it. I’m thinking about a career change.
- I have concerns about a colleague’s well-being.
- Our firm/agency/bar association would like to have COLAP present on stress management issues in the workplace.
The practice of law – with its competition, long hours, perfectionism, and high stress – can negatively impact even the most competent lawyer. It might look like we are “keeping it together” since we are constantly solving the problems of others, but we are not immune to the many struggles Americans deal with. In fact, research shows that lawyers suffer from mental health, substance use, and well-being issues relating to stress and burnout at a higher rate than the general public, and yet we are less likely to ask for help when we need it. Don’t overlook the signs that you or a colleague could benefit from assistance. Asking for help won’t jeopardize your career and it doesn’t mean you are weak or incompetent. In fact, research shows that those who ask for help possess a higher intelligence and level of awareness than those who think that “toughing it out alone” will work in the long-run.
Reaching out for free and confidential assistance can prevent devastating personal and professional consequences. A free and confidential call to COLAP can be the start to building the resiliency needed to thrive in a stressful profession and improving your quality of life.
We Would Love To Share Our Success Stories,
But They Are Completely Confidential.
Consultations by Appointment Only
All Communications are Confidential
303-986-3345 * Info@coloradolap.org