Calling all judges, lawyers, law students, and legal professionals: National Lawyer Well-Being Week for individuals, organizations, and law firms was May 4-8, 2020. You focus on other people’s problems all year; take at least one week to focus on our own well-being in this stressful profession! Unsure how to engage in the focus? There are several pre-planned ideas and activities, so we’ll make it as easy as possible to participate. For example, consider the following:
- Re-examine your New Year’s intentions for 2020 or re-up your Spring Cleaning for a more organized practice or personal life;
- Get a virtual breakfast or lunch meeting on the books with those friends or colleagues you haven’t seen in months;
- Plan an inclusive on-line alcohol-free “Happy Hour” for your team;
- Learn more from your colleagues about mutually supporting one another’s wellness goals; or
- Circulate daily well-being “tips and tricks” organization wide.
If you are not sure where to start in planning an event, how to plan your own path to greater well-being, or think this might be a good time to talk to a professional about your own stressors, reach out to your free and confidential Colorado Lawyer Assistance Program (COLAP) at (303) 986-3345 or email@example.com.