Calling all judges, lawyers, law students, and legal professionals: National Lawyer Well-Being Week for individuals, organizations, and law firms is May 3-7, 2021. The past year has been difficult for all members of the legal community, and many of us have faced extreme stressors. This year, take time to consider how to focus on your self-care and the well-being of your loved ones, colleagues, firms, and organizations. For example, consider the following:
- Consider how much you have been through, learned, and grown in the past year. Are there New Year’s intentions for 2021 you want to revisit, or maybe re-up your Spring Cleaning for a more organized practice or personal life?
- Get a virtual breakfast or lunch meeting on the books with those friends or colleagues you haven’t seen in months.
- Plan an inclusive on-line alcohol-free “Happy Hour” for your team.
- Learn more from your colleagues about mutually supporting one another’s wellness goals.
- Circulate daily well-being “tips and tricks” organization wide.
If you are not sure where to start in planning an event, how to plan your own path to greater well-being, or think this might be a good time to talk to a professional about your own stressors, reach out to your free and confidential Colorado Lawyer Assistance Program (COLAP) at (303) 986-3345 or email@example.com.